My little man is very anxious for some things in life. I think he captures most of them in this brief statement:
"Momma, I need a story. I need a stor, I need soup. Momma, I need sou, I need chili!. Momma, I'm hungry!! Let's go outside."
The past few days have been cold and yesterday it hailed. Summer does not want to show itself. Regardless of the weather though, Noah still wants to play outside. I can hardly blame him, but yesterday while it was hailing I told him it would be better to stay inside because, "It's just too wet and cold, baby!"
But he insisted and I was in no mood for a fight. I let him go. Not a minute later he was standing outside the door crying. I went to see him and I asked him why he was having such issues and he informed me, as though I would not ever have known otherwise, that, "It's just too wet and cold, baby!"
Oh how a mother must always hold her tongue! An "I told you so!" would do nothing to affect the situation... So I had to thoughtfully say once more, "okay, come inside." Peel off his coat and boots and have a little more snuggle time on the couch with my sweet two year old boy.
He makes up for any indiscretion though, when before climbing up on the couch he says, "Do you know what Momma? I love you." and leans his little head onto my shoulder.
Can I melt now?
No comments:
Post a Comment