Monday, January 30, 2012

puppy wash day

Talk about drama.
My boy is darling. He is sweet, has a full head of hair that constantly needs clipping, he talks amazingly well, and tells his sister he loves her every night.
He is also maddeningly attached to his puppy.
Not the real live kind, but the stuffed floppy kind that gets all smelly and full of tears and boogers and spit.  He adores this stuffed animal.

Today was wash day.

I usually can sneak it out from under him while he happily plays with something else, but today, even though I snuck puppy away, my boy noticed all too quickly and put all the pieces together. He stood at the dryer and cried and cried. "Puppy is dry momma! Puppy dry! waaaahahaaaaaa!" I distracted him with Thomas the train, but two minutes later he was back at my legs, "I need puppy momma! Waaaahahaaa!"

Finally, I could not take the moping and cute longing words anymore.  I gave in and opened the dryer before it was done and found puppy.

Puppy was not dry, puppy was pathetic looking, but my son was instantly soothed. A smile relaxed every feature and he said, "oh puppy, I love you. Momma, puppy is warm!"

Without any fits he climbed straight into bed for some much needed one on one time with freshly washed puppy. A smile on his face, he could not take his eyes away from that raggedy old thing.
Man, this kid can melt me pretty darn easy.


Thanks for sharing Bub. I'll have to turn ya down next time though, I almost passed out...
I am sure nap time will go very well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment