Friday, February 10, 2012

Cabin Fever!

This weekend we get to go out to our cabin! It is always fun to go out. Not too much of a drive and a nice break from the normal routine. It is on a lake and can be really pretty this time of year, especially since it has been so warm.

These days though it is a bit of a chore to get going. When once upon a time it was just my husband and I who went out, we could decide the same day and jump in the car to go! It was so easy! Now we have to plan weeks in advance. Taking plenty of food, diapers, extra clothes, winter gear, gas for the snow machines or jet ski in the summer. It is only an hour drive away too! In the summer we go so often we have most of the extras stashed in the car already or we get extras to leave out there. But winter is a much harder time to go, mostly because of schedules, icy roads, and cold temps. This weekend however, we are going to force our way out and I know it will be so good once we are there.

We do not, however, have internet service at this cabin (unless you count dial-up...) and barely cell reception. You have to stand in just the right spot.

So, I will come home exhausted from the trip home and all the laundry to do once we get back, but it will be worth all the chores. It will be sweet time with family and friends.



(It sounds a bit like I am talking myself into it... maybe I am. shoot. I had better get back to work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment