It didn't take long... Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up. But the progress is slow.
I took to crochet in no time and it was so satisfying I just ran with it. But knitting has not proved to be so natural for me, and no thanks to the kids who keep interrupting me with all their valid excuses and such... who needs food anyway? Not when something as exciting as learning to knit is taking place!
And diapers? psh.
I have had to "frog" my so called scarf project 3 times. argy bargy.
This is as far as I have gotten:
It is only the knit stitch and quite imperfect still, but I am hoping I have it down enough that I won't (crossing fingers) have to take it out again. I have a long way to go though. Knitting takes me 20 times longer than crochet, so this will be a multi day process for this durnd scarf.
On another note, we had an almost 2 hr power outage the other night and here is what we did...
Sit in the dark feeding children,
(Notice the candle and headlamp. My version of being prepared...)
And let them play on the only thing left that had battery power: the ipad.
I guess these small events are good for knowing in what ways we are not prepared for a big problem and how we need to get with the safety program!
Now I know.
Especially with two small kids. Being prepared is essential.
But now we are working and playing in the light and I will do what I can to remind myself not to take it for granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment