It kinda sucks to feel like I have been so far off the mark for so long. I mean, am I just now starting to think about health? nutrition? budgets?
No.
But it has only been this past few months that it has been intensely occupying my thoughts as to how I can do better. So I began researching and finding TONS of stuff (mostly blogs) on these subjects! I am overwhelmed and boggled by all the information and feel the urgent need to begin a healthier lifestyle, but have no idea where to start.
What gets me the most though, is that I feel like I grew up in a moderately healthy home. I have always had good health and so have all my siblings. We are not overweight and have always known the importance of exercise. It is now that I have my own family though, that I realize how much I do not know about how to serve them in a way that not only fills their love tanks but fills their bodies with health and wellness. I left home barely knowing how to cook. I can't blame that on anyone but myself, but still, I am disappointed.
I have always looked at my parents with awe. How they held everything together in even the toughest times. My mom was and still is superwoman! How did I leave her care without knowing how to do any of the things she did? She raised and homeschooled four kids, fed us well on minimal money and most importantly brought us all up to know the Lord (while keeping her sanity and relationship with her husband intact). If there is anyone in this world I want to be like, it is her.
So far however, I am, as I said earlier, way off the mark. Both my sisters know how to be green and shop for the good deals and can cook amazingly well. I guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention. But now, I am.
I want to be healthy. Not just look it on the outside, but really to be healthy all the way through. I want it for my husband who is tired and works long hours with not a whole lot of good food options. I want it for my son and daughter so they can have long and healthy lives with the energy they need to do whatever it is they want to do. And I want to share it. I want my kids to know how choose it for themselves.
I am going to be starting this journey slow. I can't go ditch all the groceries I just bought yesterday to spend another hundred on "more healthy" food. I must believe God holds me in every circumstance. He knows I have lots of work to do and I am certain he will be keeping us through this time of change even though we won't be eating natural, organic, meat free food all the time. I figured out how to cook, and I am learning how to shop and coupon, so now I am going to learn to be GREEN!
Feeling better already.
![]() |
| Meine Familie |

No comments:
Post a Comment