Wednesday, February 8, 2012

oops

Oh my gosh, I didn't post yesterday!

Yesterday was a pretty jam packed day and I just never found the time to sit down and do even a little bit on the computer. But today, I am writing. I am even sacrificing reading time! Ack! I am on the last book of the Hunger Games and I am so eager to get to the end, if not only to know what happens, but for the sake of my poor neglected house.

I have had a lot on my mind lately, but yesterday all I could think about was how bad I am doing at keeping my new years resolution! I mean, I am working at it and all, but boy is it hard.

My resolution was to become a better shopper.  We have a strict budget and I really need to cut down on the grocery bill so we can put money towards other areas.  I have been doing a ton of research on couponing and shopping sales and such, and I think I have the basics down... in theory. But every time I go to the store I just cannot figure out how to put it into practice! I am a see it, do it, do it, do it, teach it kind of learner.  I can read about it til I am blue in the face, it will even make sense in my head, but once you put my hands to the test I am a fumbling mess! I have to DO things to learn them well and I get into that grocery store and I cannot make heads or tales of all the coupon mess or how to work it.  Especially when I am at the check out, I get all flustered and crazy! I leave the store sweating and feeling horrible I could not figure it out.  I know I need lessons from someone experienced. I need someone to walk me into the store and say, "see this sale? take advantage of it. See this item? it has a coupon, use it."

I know that makes me sound really dense, but sometimes, I can be.  I need to get into a rhythm and it is just not happening.  So, I will keep working at it and trying really hard, but I am also on the lookout for a teacher willing to go with me into the store, know my list, know my budget and HELP ME! I am getting so frustrated It is not worth it for me to keep this up too much longer and I will not have the energy to keep trying. I think it is harder here in Fairbanks. We don't have as many options, we don't have a lot of coupons, and we don't live really close to everything. Or maybe anything... And when it hits those cold temps, it gets really difficult to get everyone bundled up, start the car and go out... at all. Not just shopping, but anything. Shopping is the only thing that when it gets REALLY cold I make myself do, but I push it til we have to go or else there just won't be anything to make or scrounge or we are almost out of TP.

I am eliminating excuses though. I know other people do this in the Fairbanks area and are really successful, so I must be able to figure it out too!

My meals are planned, my lists are made, and budget, you will not bust me! I shall conquer!

On a side note, can I just tell you how adorable this girl is? Very. I love her sweet cheeks and thorough thighs. This baby child makes me swoon...

The end.






No comments:

Post a Comment